When you install mini blinds, it doesn’t have to be a complicated process. Our latest guide to Installing Mini Blinds will provide you with all the necessary installation information.
The first process in the installation is to determine the position of the mini blinds. It is important to decide if they will be positioned inside or outside the window. Inside mounting will look more customized; however, outside mounting will provide better lighting control.
For inside frame mounting, measure the width between the points where the brackets will be placed: top, middle, and bottom. Then, record the narrowest of the measurements you receive. Now, measure the length from the top inside casing of the windowsill – at least 1 inch of flat surface will be needed on the inside casing in order to attach the brackets.
For outside frame mounting, you’ll need to measure the overall width of the area to be covered. Hang your mini blinds outside of the frame if there is less than 1 inch of flat surface on the inside casing. The measurement should overlap the window by at least 1 1/2 inches on each side.
The Installation Process
The following steps during the installation process are crucial:
- Determine if you want inside or outside mounting, and measure your window accordingly.
- After you have purchased the correct size of mini blinds, remove the window stop from
- the top of the window on the window casing.
- Screw the brackets that came with your blinds to the side window casing at the top, using either two or three screws per bracket.
- With the wand on the left and the lift cord on the right, slide the mini blinds into the brackets you just installed. Once you have the mini blinds in place, secure the caps over the brackets.
If the blinds are too long, remove the slats from the bottom of them, as this should help to get them to the appropriate height.
We hope these tips will help in your mini blinds process. For more tips, be sure to follow to Flooring Guide blog.